11.17.2014

Don't Forget About Thanksgiving

So are you one to decorate for Thanksgiving or have you already fast-forwarded to Christmas? Confession: one of my biggest pet peeves is putting your Christmas stuff up for Thanksgiving. What happened to Thanksgiving? When did Thanksgiving become the red headed step child of holidays that gets no love? Thanksgiving for me has always been one of my favorite holidays as a kid, so I think its important to give it it's day, complete with festive, harvesty decor and enjoy the day for what it is: being thankful! And don't worry, I have NO problem breaking out the Christmas stuff on black friday. In fact, we're going out as a family to get our Christmas tree on Friday. Just like the Griswald family cutting down their tree. Let's just hope Todd and Margo don't spoil all our fun ; )
all original sources can be found on my Thanksgiving board on my Pinterest page : )
 | Decor |
1. spray leaves gold and write names for pretty name cards
2. gold leaves also look gorgeous on white pumpkins
3. LOVE this entryway with the cornstalks, mums, and pumpkins galore
4. baskets of pumpkins and gourds for simple arrangements
5. stencil "give thanks" on a white pumpkin
6. love this thankful burlap banner
 7. frame printables in simple frames
8. Thanksgiving sangria
9. These Thanksgiving plates are adorable
10. use candles and bittersweets for decor

| Make Yearly Traditions |
11. make a pumpkin "snow man" with the kids and have a contest to see who builds the best one
12. make someone wear the turkey hat for whoever shows up the latest to the party
13. have a pumpking smashing party after dinner to work off that turkey coma. Plus its a fun way to symbolically go out with the pumpkins and in with the pine trees : )

So do you all decorate for Thanksgiving or have you turned your house into a winter wonderland already?

xo Steph

3 comments:

  1. I love Thanksgiving as much as the next girl, but as the weather gets colder I crave more of the winter wonderland look at home. It's warm here so I haven't requested a christmas tree yet.....but if we were in Scranton I definitely would have tried to get away with it! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post!! xxo
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos and article both are excellent .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...